Baked Acorn Squash
Baked acorn squash is a great savory dish perfect for those who are not fans of vegetables! With only three ingredients, this dish is delicious, healthy, AND fits into the 21 Day Fix eating plan (yes! This counts as a green!).
Winter squashes tend to be extremely firm and hard to cut open. By placing the acorn squash into the microwave for a couple of minutes, the squash will soften just enough so you can cut it open and bake.
21 Day Fix
If you’re on the 21 Day Fix, cut the squash into cubes after baking. Place the cubes inside a green container and count as 1 Green and 1 teaspoon. There is enough squash for approximately 2 servings (depending on the size of the squash.
5 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place (whole) squash in microwave and cook for two minutes. This will make the squash easier to cut.
- Remove squash from microwave and cut in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers.
- Place squash into a baking dish, with the skin facing the bottom of the dish. Brush coconut oil on the inside of the squash. Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
- Place squash in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- After removing from oven, score squash and scoop out cubes to serve.
- For 21 Day Fix, place cubes inside green container and count 1 green and 1 tsp.