Okay, so my husband LOVES italian food. Pretty much any way it comes…pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, meatball subs. If it’s got the red sauce he’s a fan! However, his very favorite meal is Chicken Parmesan! You know the kind..breaded chicken, fried and covered with sauce and melted cheese!
Shameless (affiliate) plug:
Also, I love this measuring cup! The measurements are at an angle so you can see the measurements from directly overhead! I also like the the writing is not etched on the outside, so the markings last longer than a traditional measuring cup.
21 Day Fix: 2 Muffins equal 1 Red,1 Blue
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 lb ground chicken (ground turkey can be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. To not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Keep in mind that it's meat, so it's not going to rise. Makes 10-12 muffins. Top each muffin with pasta sauce.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing. Garnish with parsley if desired.