*Affiliate links used. Using these links are of no cost to you, but help to keep this website running. Thank you!*
Here’s a clean version of chocolate peanut butter black bean brownies that are gluten free and delicious! It’s an excellent source of protein and fiber, and combines the love of chocolate and peanut butter. 21 Day Fixers – see notes below on how to include it with the plan.
Instant coffee is optional, but highly recommended. It will bring out some of the cocoa flavor and add to the richness. However, if the ground coffee beans is all you have, you may want to skip it as it’s not the same thing!!
21 Day Fix
Cut the pan into 9 pieces, and count as a yellow treat. You could freeze the leftovers (pre-portioned into baggies) and warm them in the microwave when you’re ready to eat them.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15.9 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all ingredients (except for peanut butter topping) into a food processor/blender. Blend until smooth (it should resemble cake batter at this point).
- Pour batter into a 9″ greased (cooking spray)square cake pan.
- Peanut butter topping – in a microwave-safe bowl, mix peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon maple syrup. Warm in microwave for about 30 seconds. Pour topping onto batter in scoops. Use a fork to swirl the peanut butter into the batter.
- Bake in oven for 30-32 minutes. Let cool before slicing, and enjoy.