Is coffee a necessity in your life? From someone who likes a little coffee with my cream, switching over to a clean coffee was no easy feat! However, in doing so I have prepped my day with the warm caffeine goodness without the LOADS of sugars and calories!
I’ve got some helpful tips for making your coffee cleaner and leaner (which will help you to get cleaner and leaner! Also, keep scrolling before for a super quick and easy recipe for clean coffee creamer you can use (and take with you if you want your coffee on the go!)
1) Use a plastic container to keep your individual portions. You can even use the container to mix your ingredients together.
2) BULLETPROOF – If you are at home, you can also put coffee in the blender with 1 tsp of coconut oil (or butter!) for a smoother, blended taste.
3) Per Autumn Calabrese, unsweetened almond milk should not count towards your yellows. See my post HERE that goes into bigger detail.
4) Extracts – when possible, use pure extracts. Imitation extracts tend to have added sugars (plus the flavoring isn’t as strong). Read the labels to be sure.
5.) Nut pods! A few years ago when I went through Whole 30, it was suggested that I try these. They are very delicious! You can get them at a health food store or HERE from Amazon.
Clean Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1-2 packets stevia
- Place ingredients together in container and mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Add to coffee and stir.