When I first got married, my stepdaughter’s favorite meal was Beef Stroganoff – the Hamburger Helper edition! Packed with sodium and preservatives, the meal provided a creamy comfort dish! If you enjoy this meal, but would rather have a healthier, cleaner version, I’ve gone one step further and taken it to the crockpot! This Clean Crockpot Beef Stroganoff brings the ease of cooking and combines with a comforting meal that is 21 Day Fix approved! Yahoo! And the best part? My three year old daughter (who eats a diet of dairy, ketchup, and occasion chicken) LOVES this meal.
The mushrooms are pretty optional. I know it’s standard for this dish, but I’ve got a family of picky eaters! This meal will still taste AMAZING.
21 Day Fix Count
Measure out 1 red of the meat mixture and count as red. Measure and serve noodles as a yellow.
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1.5 lbs top round steak
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional - we skipped this due to picky eaters!)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- In crock pot, place all the ingredients except for the flour, broth, and yogurt. Mix ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and broth and whisk until flour is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Turn off crock pot and let cool for 10 minutes. Mix in greek yogurt (the steak should be tender and shred as you mix).
- Serve over whole wheat noodles.
21 Day Fix Count: Measure out 1 red of the meat mixture and count as red. Measure and serve noodles as a yellow.