Gentlemen, Christmas is coming, and you have yet to shop for your lady. What DO you buy for a woman so lovely and has captured your heart? Perhaps you’ve seen the hype and rage of the 21 Day Fix (it IS the most popular fitness/nutrition program out there). If you’re considering buying such a program, doing so must be done with extreme caution. Here are some factors you should consider before you make a purchase: (and ladies, I’ll talk to you in a minute!)
You should definitely buy her the 21 Day Fix if:
- She has specifically asked for it.
You should consider tentatively buy her the 21 Day Fix if:
- She is interested in health and fitness (and by interested meaning she is already actively engaged with working out. Owning an unused gym membership does not count in this case) and has expressed interest in the program. Perhaps she has similar programs she uses such as Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred.
- You are interested in the program and would like to do it alongside with her. This program is for guys, too! However, you should make sure that she is also vocally interested in completing such a program with you. Guys – I don’t know about your wife/girlfriend, but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE having a husband that is 100% supportive in my journey to be healthy.
You should probably consider NOT buying her the 21 Day Fix if:
- She has made no active mention of wanting to be healthy, wanting to lose weight, wanting to tone up, wanting to learn healthy eating habits, etc etc etc.
- She has not specifically asked for it.
There’s a massive gray area within these guidelines. You can tiptoe one millimeter in the wrong direction and BOOM – you are in BIG TROUBLE, MISTER!!!! I mean, do you really want to have the conversation where she says “What are you trying to say…?”. Don’t go there. Play the safe route. Don’t be that guy. Buy her a bracelet. If you buy her a bracelet, maybe don’t get any of those barbell shaped charms. Unless she’s already shredded. The 21 Day Fix is a WONDERFUL program, but I don’t want to be that coach that makes the trouble-sale. Do the right thing. But hey, if it’s a program you think the both of you might be interested in, buy it for yourself! Then do the work in front of her! Show her how you can lift those weights like a boss. And perhaps she’ll decide to start joining you.
Okay ladies, let’s talk.
Listen, stereotypically speaking, guys don’t always know what gifts to give to their wife/girlfriend. I know there are some fabulous husbands who don’t fit that mold. But for those that do fit the mold, we have a couple of options: 1) We can help them by specifically telling them what we want or 2) We get a steam cleaner for Christmas (raises hand. It was actually a birthday gift but it has come to great use!).
If you want your husband/boyfriend to buy you this program, there are some easy steps you can do:
- Send your husband a link (I will provide below). These are direct links to not only the Team Beachbody website, but for the specific product you’d like to receive. Through this link, he can place an order which will also register the account with ME as your free coach.
- Copy and paste a message with the link (you can tweak it if you’d like):
If you would like your significant other to order a Challenge pack, which includes the 21 Day Fix Essential Package, a 30 Day Supply of Shakeology, and a free 30-Day Trial to Beachbody on Demand, you can include this message: