Here’s a quick and easy breakfast or snack that you can make ahead and reheat as necessary!
I was excited to try these, as I often will use eggs as an extra protein throughout the day, but I also have trouble getting all my veggies in (that’s the inner four year old talking!!). And the best part? These were quick and easy to make!
First, I gathered my ingredients:
Now, here comes the prep work:
Don’t mock my knife cuts! I may have watched too many episodes of Worst Cooks in America, but the food always comes out yummy! And speaking of making some amateurish shortcuts:
Why chop the spinach and whisk the eggs when you can get it all done in one shot in your ninja? (Looking back, I should have done the spinach before adding the eggs. That would explain why the egg comes came out looking like St. Patrick’s Day exploded).
Also, I’ve rediscovered the joy of baking with silicone pans. My husband also finds it a joy because they are SO EASY TO CLEAN! Happy husband, happy wife, happy muffins. Hahaha! Here’s an awesome pan from Amazon to use for your muffins: Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan / Non – Stick / Dishwasher – Microwave Safe / 21 FREE RECIPES
I popped them in the oven, and 20 minutes later, voila! Egg muffins to go!
Mini Veggie Egg Muffins:
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
21 Day Fix Count: 2 Muffins equal 1 red, 1 green
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 1 (10oz) Bag of Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place eggs in a bowl (remove the shells first, people!). Whisk to blend. Add seasonings.
- Add spinach and bell pepper; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin cups.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
21 Day Fix – 2 Muffins equal 1 red, 1 green.