So, how’s your personal development coming along? Up until several months ago, I never really put much thought into it. Sure, I would read my Bible, but anything else? I’ve got KIDS, and life, and well…who has the TIME for such things? I used to buy fiction books for when I’d go on vacation, and never got past the first chapter!
Since I started making time for personal development in my life, I’ve noticed a HUGE shift in my mindset. My time-load has not changed. I still have the same amount of time for taking care of the kids, the house, the husband. But I’ve looked for and found ways to make time to develop and take care of myself. I’ve discovered audiobooks are great for when I’m driving or working on laundry (I use Audible by Amazon – Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks). I’m learning new things, and it EXCITES me! Even spending just ten minutes a day has made a great impact on how I face each day.
*Disclaimer Note: Affiliate links via Amazon.com are included. These links do not charge you anything, but ordering through them help to keep the blog running. Thank you!*
Here are some good reads:
1. Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think A great book detailing studies of eating habits, and how to change them.
2. Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There A short read on determining your successes by your failures.
3. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business Another great book on habits – how they shape our actions and how to form new and healthy habits.
4. #GIRLBOSS A motivational book that will inspire you to want to take over the world (note: be warned of bad language).
5. The Compound Effect A book about how small habits can grow bigger over time.
6. Pretty Happy. This book is a great book about being content with your body, and taking care of it from the inside out.
7. Eat That Frog. With super simple principles, this book is for those who have a hard time prioritizing and accomplishing.
8. Go Pro. This book is becoming the standard for anyone wanting to be successful in network marketing.
9. Rock Your Network Marketing Business. Guide from one of the top income earners in the country on how to succeed in network marketing.
10. Girl Code. Inspirational book on how to be successful in business as a woman.
If you’re looking for free options, you can always browse and listen to podcasts. In addition, there are many options available in your local library.