Meal planning…it can be such an overwhelming task! With so many options, you just feel the need to try it all. But it takes so much time to pick, shop, and prepare! I’ve discovered the easiest way to meal plan that is going to save you TIME and MONEY, and keep you healthy in the process!
How it saves time:
- You’re picking fewer options, so it’s requiring less time to think through and finding new items to fill in gaps on your menu.
- There is less prep time, as you can make bigger batches to reheat and re-use throughout the week.
How it saves money:
- You are buying fewer ingredients!
- Since you are preparing for fewer options, you can limit yourself to what is on sale. (See this post on how to meal prep using sales flyers).
- You can buy in bulk, potentially saving even more money.
The method of madness:
It’s called “Pick two”. So for each meal or snack during the week, instead of seven different options, pick two instead.
Here are some examples:
Plan out the egg muffins on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday have French Toast.
Pick two different fruits and two different veggies to snack on throughout the week and rotate them out.