For those who are on monetary budgets like myself, the thought of shelling out $129.95 for a month’s supply of Shakeology can seem a little overwhelming. However, with the nutrition you get, it’s easy to see the value in paying full price (but keep reading below, and I’ll tell you how to not have to pay full price!).
1) Shakeology is more than a protein powder. It is a meal replacement shake. Unlike proteins, which provide…protein, Shakeology does more. With the nutrition of six salads within one shake, it contains:
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Proteins and Amino Acids
2) Shakeology helps to reduce cravings. Imagine being able to satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious shake instead! You *could* have a chocolate candy bar, or you can make a chocolate shake that would provide satisfaction with fewer calories and a greater nutrient value.
3) Convenience. Making a shake takes less than two minutes! That’s less time than a drive through, and you already have your shake ready to go as you start your day. Traveling or working long days? You can take it with you, and prepare it wherever you are, instead of raiding vending machines.
4) Keeps you full. Drinking Shakeology helps to keep you full for 2-3 hours.
Shakeology seems a little costly since you’re paying for a month in advance. With the bag, it comes out to about $4 per serving. Even at full price, it is still a more economical option than hitting a fast food chain for breakfast, and definitely cheaper than Starbucks!! (You can put coffee in your shake!) Here are some ways you can save money every month (note, taxes are not calculated in any of these figures):
1) Shakeology HD (Home Direct)
Cost: $129.95 plus $2 shipping
When you sign up for auto-shipment, you save $10 on shipping every month. If you want to try a different flavor every month, simply contact Beachbody and ask to switch to a different flavor for the next month.
2) Club Membership
Cost: $129.95 – 10% (plus shipping)
Club membership: $2.99/week, billed quarterly at $39.95
When you’re a Beachbody Club member, not only do you save 10% on Shakeology (and other Beachbody programs), you also can access to Beachbody on Demand, an online streaming service to many of Beachbody’s fitness programs.
3) Become a Coach
Cost: $97.45 +$15.95 monthly coaching fee
Beachbody coaches get 25% off Shakeology (and other Beachbody programs), so if you’re going to order more than one month you’ll recoup your coaching fee of $39.95 in two orders. You can also waive the initial coaching fee by ordering a Challenge Pack. Some people sign up to be a coach for the sole reason to get the Shakeology discount. Beachbody set up the coaching opportunity in such a way that even for those who don’t want to do the business, can save 25% on products like Shakeology. The Shakeology discount alone is worth it if you plan on using Shakeology on a regular basis. There is a one time fee of $39.95 and a monthly account maintenance fee of $15.95. The monthly fee covers your two web sites that Beachbody provides to you, your coaches online office (COO).
*Military members! As a thank you for your support, Beachbody waives all coaching fees (via reimbursement) for all active duty service members and their spouses. This means you get an even better discount!!!
4) Earn through referrals
Cost: $97.45 +$15.95 monthly coaching fee, plus 25% of every referral
Also, as a coach, if you decide to recommend Shakeology to others you will earn a 25% commission on every sale. Once your friends see your success, they will ask you what you’re doing – so it’s easy to just give them your link to order when they do. The commission isn’t just on the first shipment either, it’s for every month your friend continues with Shakeology. Start referring them to the challenge groups as well, start earning even MORE. Through referrals you could potentially cover the cost of your own Shakeology (and earn money on top!).
Here’s a breakdown of the chart:
Ready to order? You can order directly through the Team Beachbody website, which you can do (OR you can find a coach to help you out). As a former coach, I’d love to give you some suggestions based on the type of coach you’re looking for! (We all have different coaching styles) 🙂 Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be glad to help you out.